Tamarack Lake Dam Rehabilitation Project, Meadville, pa
- Thomas Construction was recently awarded as the General Prime Contractor on a dam rehabilitation project at Tamarack Lake in Meadville, PA. The project was awarded by the Department of General Services.
- The project has a 14 month construction schedule with a contract value of $9 Million. Work is expected to break ground in November 2017 and all work on the project is to be completed on or before January 9, 2019.
- The project consists of the re-construction of two high hazard earthen dams using articulated concrete block for downstream protection, concrete risers, outfall structures, auxiliary spillways, a diversion dam and saddle dike. The surface area is approximately 560 acres and the drainage area is five square miles. The project is a flood control project as well as a recreational facility owned and operated by the PA Fish and Boat Commission.
Linden Pointe – eMerging Business Center, Hermitage, PA
- Provided General Contracting services to construct a 12,500 SF convertible shell building for a future tenant.
- The building has an area suitable for office space and a high bay area that could be used for light manufacturing.
- The building was completed in June 2017 for a cost of $2 million.
Interstate Pipe, Grove City, PA
- Served as the Design/Builder for a 17,000 SF combination business office, retail sales and warehouse facility for Interstate Pipe in Grove City.
- The project included extensive site work for outside yard storage and wetland relocation.
- The projected completion is September 2017 at the cost of $2.3 million.
Clarion Elementary, Clarion, PA
- Prime general construction contractor for a complete renovation and small addition to the Clarion Elementary School.
- The projected completion date is August 2018 at the cost of $3.8 million.
Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA
- Serving as the General Contractor the Phase 1 Renovation to the Hoyt Science Resources Center.
- The project consists of converting an area to be used for the college’s Nursing Program Instruction.
- The projected covers 8,500 SF of space and has a projected completion of November 2017 at the cost of $1.5 million.
Pelletizing Water Treatment Plant, FORD CITY, PA
- Thomas Construction is the General Prime Contractor (1 of 4 Prime Contractors) with Construction Management Responsibilities for the construction of a 1.2 Million Gallons per day Pelletizing Softened Water Treatment Facility for Manor Township Joint Municipal Authority, near Ford City, PA.
- This project has an 18-month construction schedule with a general contract value of $5.2M.
- Thomas Construction has poured over 1,500 cubic yards of concrete and installed a 9,850 square foot pre-engineered metal building along with the associated process equipment.
Findlay Crossing, Findlay Township, PA
- This project consists of reconfiguring the entrances and exits to a former airport parking lot for use as parking for construction workers employed by Shell Oil on their new natural gas cracker plant along the Ohio River. The workers will then be shuttled to their work site.
- The project also includes infrastructure improvements for a future convenience store, several hotels and condominiums.